I love journaling and I think that is why I also love to write on a weblog. I remember writing on my first weblog just like I remember writing in my first journal. My Dad gave me my first journal and I carried it around everywhere with me. I am amazed that no one ever found it and read it, because it went everywhere with me. To school, to swimming lessons (well, minus the swimming part!) – but yes, the main point to this was that, that journal went everywhere with me! It was almost like my best friend. It was there whenever I needed to talk to someone. The things I was too embarressed to talk to anyone else about – could be confided in the blank sheets that called my name. If I was mad, sad, happy, tired – I kept returning to the book. And with the close of every back cover I felt somewhat different than I had when I started that journal. And that is when a feeling of accomplishment set over me. I had finished a journal and next time I was to the city (since I lived in the country) I could get a new journal.
When I read back over my journals from the past, it almost feels like I am reading someone else’s journal. Almost like they are preaching to me and know where I have been. All of my journals start out with two simple words.
It is almost like when Anne Frank wrote in her journals, she wrote “Dear Kitty” so it’s different with everyone. But I felt that when I was writing “Dear Lord” or “Dear Jesus” that what I was actually saying was being heard and that it wasn’t just black words on a white sheet of paper, but that they had a deeper and better connection to who I am as a child of God.
The Right Journal
Just as I can only write with certain pens the journal makes all the different. I don’t like bulky journals or heavy ones. They have to be the right size. Big enough to enjoy writing in and small enough that I could stick it in my bag and bring it anyplace. And of course I am not talking about tiny notebooks – those bug me too.
The Plan: The Journal Journey
I have a plan and I want to know if you are in? This plan is a journal journey! You may wonder what a journal journey is? But I am going to hold a giveaway for this journal below and how ever many comments I get and shares will win one of these journals. Which is exciting, because look at them- I am jealous… I want one. haha…
So you ask, how can I win one of those amazing journals?
This contest will be taking place this coming week. I will be giving away 2 journals of your choice for the prizes, but in order to stay in the running you must:
- You must be a follower of my blog! :)
- Share the blog with your friends on facebook, twitter, your blog, and other sites during the week! (I will get notifications that you have shared so, I will know!)
- Comment. Answer the questions & ask questions.
- And last but not least, take part in conversation in the comments. The posts will be showing how to dig deep in our journalling and how that helps us in our daily walk!
- The contest will begin today and will run till the 29th of September! :)
Good LUCK! :) May the Journals be in your favor! :D
How About You?
- Do you like to journal?
- Do you think of it as more of a spiritual thing or is it more of a book when you just write your feelings and thoughts?
- What are some tips that help you when you are writing in a journal?