I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. – Robert Frost
Journalling About Your Life
I was shocked. I hadn’t told him that yet. As I responded with a, “Yes!” he smiled and said, “I think you should do it!”
At that moment I figured out which arrow to follow on that sign post. It’s just interesting what a difference it makes when people stand behind you on something.
As a writer, I have always written and created. Ever since I was young my parents told me I could do anything I wanted to. As a small girl who took her passion in creating little fairy people in her sketch books, writing their stories, creating plays and directing her siblings in the play she wrote – my parents never told me to stop it. They told me that I could do it if I wanted to and that they believed in me. They never told me to pick a better degree. Thank goodness. They stood by me and encouraged me. Sometimes you need that support and strength from an outside place.
I think that encouragement that I have had ever since I was little pushed me to achieve my dreams and goals. I am still learning and still figuring out which sign post I will follow- but the less traveled path is the one that I am on.
You ask, “Devin, how can I win one of those amazing journals?”
This contest will be taking place this coming week. I will be giving away 2 journals of your choice for the prizes, but in order to stay in the running you must:
- You must be a follower of my blog! :)
- Share the blog with your friends on facebook, twitter, your blog, and other sites during the week! (I will get notifications that you have shared so, I will know!)
- Comment. Answer the questions & ask questions. You can answer one of them or all of them!! :D
- And last but not least, take part in conversation in the comments. The posts will be showing how to dig deep in our journalling and how that helps us in our daily walk!
- The contest will begin today and will run till the 29th of September! :)Good LUCK! :) May the Journals be in your favor! :D
- The more you share, facebook, tweet, and comment the more of a chance you will have to win one of the amazing journals.
Journaling Questions: How about you?
- Who has encouraged you most in your life?
- Are you at a sign post on a cross road of your life?
- What is one thing nobody knows about you because nobody ever cared to ask? (I care, that is why I am asking!) :)
- Robert Frost write a poem titled The Road Not Taken. Name a road you’ve always wanted to travel?