Journaling With Emotions
Have any of you ever felt blank (blagh and meaningless) or like an train of emotions had a trainwreck inside your mind? Did you actually know that those are the best times to write in your journal? I was once told by a writer friend when I was going through an unexpected hard time just to write… to write it all down…write how I was feeling and what was happening. This way I got all my thoughts out on paper (or computer word doc.)
Try this to inspire you:
If this feeling was a color, it would be _________________
If this feeling was weather, it would be ________________
If this feeling was a landscape, it would be _____________
If this feeling were a book, which would it be_______________
If this feeling was music, it would sound like ________________
If this feeling was an object, it would be __________________
You can even go further to thinking about your own questions as well. But, I’ve learned that it’s a very good thing to get your feelings out through writing. I know that some people are afraid of writing like this in a notebook for fear that someone would read it. (That’s why you need to comment on this blog post, Follow Devin’s Blog, and share this post because you could win an awesome journal and guess what? What doesn’t bring back memories like a journal with a lock and key? Yep, this one has a lock and key… classic!)
You ask, “Devin, how can I win one of those amazing journals?”
This contest will be taking place this coming week. I will be giving away 2 journals of your choice for the prizes, but in order to stay in the running you must:
- You must be a follower of my blog! :)
- Share the blog with your friends on facebook, twitter, your blog, and other sites during the week! (I will get notifications that you have shared so, I will know!)
- Comment. Answer the questions & ask questions. You can answer one of them or all of them!! :D
- And last but not least, take part in conversation in the comments. The posts will be showing how to dig deep in our journalling and how that helps us in our daily walk!
- The contest will begin today and will run till the 29th of September! :)Good LUCK! :) May the Journals be in your favor! :D
- The more you share, facebook, tweet, and comment the more of a chance you will have to win one of the amazing journals.
How about you?
- Are you afraid of writing out all your feelings in a journal? Or are you fine with it – if so do you have a hiding spot?
- If you were given 15 words to sum up your life, what would it be?
- Pick a color and list memories connected to that color?