Dear Journal, Today, Johan and I went to the Brisbane River Fire. We left with a bag of sweets, our cameras, and a blanket. Once we got there we placed the blanket on the bank of the river. Throughout the day we watched jets zoom past and helicopters while they hovered above. Once it got dark, we watched as the fireworks bursted into the sky while radiating in the reflections of the Brisbane River. It was absolutely beautiful!
Today I want to just talk a little bit about using pictures during your journaling time as prompts.
Some things a writer can get from using photos to prompt their writing time.
- Gives Them Something To See With Their Eyes – write all the details. (That means everything you see! You can always edit it or cross it out later.)
- Gives New Story Ideas Very Easily – Whether you get story ideas, character sketches and biographies using photographs will let you see a bigger picture with the surroundings. Like in my example up about, you can see Devin and Johan sitting with potato slinkies. But that isn’t all you see… You see people sitting on blankets behind them, you see buildings, You see facial expressions, and much more.
- Use Your Photo As A Starter – Look at the photo and somehow put your character into it. What would happen?
I want you to try this. Follow the rules up above with the picture below. :)
You ask, “Devin, how can I win one of those amazing journals?”
This contest will be taking place this coming week. I will be giving away 2 journals of your choice for the prizes, but in order to stay in the running you must:
- You must be a follower of my blog! :)
- Share the blog with your friends on facebook, twitter, your blog, and other sites during the week! (I will get notifications that you have shared so, I will know!)
- Comment. Answer the questions & ask questions. You can answer one of them or all of them!! :D
- And last but not least, take part in conversation in the comments. The posts will be showing how to dig deep in our journalling and how that helps us in our daily walk!
- The contest will begin today and will run till the 29th of September! :)Good LUCK! :) May the Journals be in your favor! :D
- The more you share, facebook, tweet, and comment the more of a chance you will have to win one of the amazing journals.
What about You?
- Use the photo with my cat and the mirror as a writing prompter, write up a paragraph of what is happening and post it below in the comments. What happens?