What are you bringing to this Short Story Extravaganza? I imagine that we are all standing at a barn dance. Today I can see that the people are starting to set up the games. There is a poster on the wall with a donkey on it. The man pulls a small grey thing out of his front jacket pocket and then sticks it into the behind of the donkey. In the other corner – there is an apple dunking contest. Small children sit on tables gobbling down candy corn and pumpkins.
Also, I just wanted to share a quick “YAY” with all of you, because without you my words wouldn’t be leaving my fingers to reach your eyes somewhere in the world. Today my blog finally hit “100 Followers”, which made me so excited, so I thought I’d share it with you!
The Haunting October Short Story Extravaganza
I am very excited to announce the Second Day of the “Haunting October Short Story Writing Extravaganza”. This is the second year that I have hosted an eerie but beautiful photo prompt everyday in October.
All you have to do is:
- Use the photo to break through the surface and give you echoes of story-ideas.
- Write a smashing hauntingly amazing short story.
- When you finish the story, send it to Devin at devinberglund (at) live (dot) com.
- And the winners will win something and don’t worry – I think up awesome surprises. :)
- Are you ready to join us in this journey??
To see the winners from last year, check out these links.
Photo Credits: http://pinterest.com/pin/26599454018662714/
Everyday I will upload a new hauntingly beautiful, slightly creepy, and enchanting photograph to my facebook page for your inspiration. Please check it everyday and see if you are prompted to write a short story that has something to do with the photo you picked. It doesn’t have to be word for word what you see – it just has to be creative and creepy since October is the month of Halloween.
I really enjoyed this last year! Once you have written it you may send it to my email with the Subject Box filled in as “Short Story Extravaganza” You have the whole month of October to do this. Have fun!!
How about you?
- Are you in? Are you going to enter this contest?
- Also what would you see at a Haunting Extravaganza? Use your imagination! :P
Hauntingly Awesome Writing,