Johan & I at the Brisbane River Fire with our yummy potato slinkies!
Dear Journal, Today, Johan and I went to the Brisbane River Fire. We left with a bag of sweets, our cameras, and a blanket. Once we got there we placed the blanket on the bank of the river. Throughout the day we watched jets zoom past and helicopters while they hovered above. Once it got dark, we watched as the fireworks bursted into the sky while radiating in the reflections of the Brisbane River. It was absolutely beautiful!
Today I want to just talk a little bit about using pictures during your journaling time as prompts.
Some things a writer can get from using photos to prompt their writing time.
- Gives Them Something To See With Their Eyes – write all the details. (That means everything you see! You can always edit it or cross it out later.)
- Gives New Story Ideas Very Easily – Whether you get story ideas, character sketches and biographies using photographs will let you see a bigger picture with the surroundings. Like in my example up about, you can see Devin and Johan sitting with potato slinkies. But that isn’t all you see… You see people sitting on blankets behind them, you see buildings, You see facial expressions, and much more.
- Use Your Photo As A Starter – Look at the photo and somehow put your character into it. What would happen?
I want you to try this. Follow the rules up above with the picture below. :)
This is my lovely, funny, and Charming Cat! – Picture by my Momma!
You ask, “Devin, how can I win one of those amazing journals?”
This contest will be taking place this coming week. I will be giving away 2 journals of your choice for the prizes, but in order to stay in the running you must:
- You must be a follower of my blog! :)
- Share the blog with your friends on facebook, twitter, your blog, and other sites during the week! (I will get notifications that you have shared so, I will know!)
- Comment. Answer the questions & ask questions. You can answer one of them or all of them!! :D
- And last but not least, take part in conversation in the comments. The posts will be showing how to dig deep in our journalling and how that helps us in our daily walk!
- The contest will begin today and will run till the 29th of September! :)Good LUCK! :) May the Journals be in your favor! :D
- The more you share, facebook, tweet, and comment the more of a chance you will have to win one of the amazing journals.
What about You?
- Use the photo with my cat and the mirror as a writing prompter, write up a paragraph of what is happening and post it below in the comments. What happens?
Light Shows & Unwanted Dinner Guests
It is the Brisbane festival at the moment – which leads up to the big fireworks and light show on the Brisbane River known to many Brisbane-ites as “River Fire”. Tonight after I got done writing and after Johan finished studying we walked to South Bank and got some yummy sandwiches at “Grilld” and then we walked to the river and sat down on the edge of the river. It was beautiful. The city scape reflecting their lights onto the water reflecting bright reds, blues, and pinks. Music played in the speakers as Johan and I enjoyed our meal.
I reached to grab a french fry (by the way they have some of the most yummy fries made with sea salt and rosemary!) but, yes I picked up my french fry and dipped it in the sauce when all of a sudden next to my pinkie finger there was a visitor on the spot next to my sauce. As soon as I saw the cockroach I started freaking out. It scuttled on my lap and then off and over the ledge. I stood up and started doing a freaking out touched a bug dance! What a close encounter with a disgusting existence!
What a close encounter with a disgusting existence!
So that was my scary experience today. But then when we got back to my apartment – I went to use the bathroom and when I came back Johan told me there was a cockroach in my apartment. I sorta freaked out again… it’s just a gross feeling that there might be a nasty presence in my apartment… maybe I should name him… until I find him… AND THEN… I WILL KILL HIM!!!!!
Just lately I have realized that I hate it when certain people have bad attitudes. They are so negative and speak as though everything is about them. What do you do when people act this way? I see things like this on facebook all the time – I am so close to commenting, but I always stop before posting because I don’t want to be seen as the rude person who caused me to want to post by others!
Getting some words written! :)
Getting Some Words Written
For the past few days my boyfriend and I have been accountable with each other him with his studies and me with my writing. I am so thankful I have someone to kick me in the behind when I need it. I am so excited about this story! I told you all before that I would tell you all the name of the book. How about the next post? In order for me to release the name, I need everyone to comment below answering a question inspired from the links below. Then also make sure to post on the links and follow the blogs.
I have been working on a blog with a few other writers a lot lately too. Check out an amazing post on sitting yourself in the chair to write, Synopsis writing tips that work, and also why you shouldn’t give up on writing that novel of yours.
- If you are a writer how do you get yourself to sit in the chair and write?
- Do you have any Synopsis writing tips that you like to use?
- What are a few things that cause you to procrastinate finishing what you are working on?